Tuesday 16 September 2008

About being a woman in India

Being a woman in India is exhausting in many ways. The men constantly stare at you, try to touch you, and shamelessly take pictures of you, etc etc.

But there are also good things about being a woman in India. For example like how all queues have separate lines for men and women, and it's always very very long for men, but always almost empty for women.

And also, I like how everyone keep calling me ma'am. "Good morning, ma'am", "Yes, ma'am", "No problem, ma'am". It's adorable.

But I still don't know how to wear my sari. I tried, but it looked very awkward and not very flattering at all. I wonder how they do it. I'm actually considering just asking the first woman I see wearing one, but that would be a bit embarrassing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Ma'am!!
india is very interesting.